How to transfer photos from a Canon camera to an iPhone? The iPhone camera is well-built to take excellent pictures. Apple suggested that iPhone images might be directly utilized on billboards, however for a professional photographer, that is still unsatisfactory.
The iPhone camera’s performance has been constrained compared to DSLR due to the lens, light sensor, and other components. They are not in the same weight class, after all. Professional cameras like Sony, Nikon, Fujifilm, Canon, Lumix, and others let you take high-quality pictures that you can edit and view on your iPhone.
So how do you get photographs from your camera onto your iPhone? You can reach your goals in different ways. You can read one first, then select one based on your circumstances.
How to Transfer Photos from a Canon Camera to an iPhone?
Importing Through an Adapter
The ability to directly link a camera to an iPhone to transfer photographs is no longer a novel concept. An adapter is required to finish the procedure. Just follow these simple steps:
- Connect your iPhone to the adapter, and then connect your camera to the other end of the cord using your camera.
- The interface to display and choose photographs from your camera will automatically show on your iPhone if the connection is established successfully. To transfer camera photos, tap Import in the top right corner of the screen. Go to the Photos app on your iPhone to find the screen if it doesn’t appear immediately or if you accidentally close it.
The SD card from your iPhone might also be exported, however importing images requires a different adapter. A Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader is what it is.
Instead of connecting the camera, you could merely slide the SD card into the adapter’s end. The subsequent steps are identical to the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
Not interested in a wired connection? You could wirelessly transfer photographs from your camera to your iPhone. On some cameras, like Canon’s, you can turn on Wi-Fi in the settings. Connect to Wi-Fi using your iPhone, and the app will then be able to transmit photos. Just follow these simple steps:
- Chose Wireless communication settings from the Setup section of your camera’s menu by clicking on it.
- The other options will be grayed out if Wi-Fi and NFC aren’t enabled first. Wi-Fi alone is an option here.
- On the same screen, click Wi-Fi, then click the phone symbol to enable camera connectivity with a smartphone.
- A prompt to allow you to choose the Connection method would then appear. Here, choose Easy Connection, then touch OK.
- Install Canon Camera Connect from the App Store to your iPhone.
- Find your camera’s name under Wi-Fi in Settings, then connect.
- To view, choose, and transfer images to an iPhone, launch the Canon Camera Connect app.
Importing Through a Computer
Your camera’s SD card won’t hold your photos constantly. Typically, you would export them to your computer so you could transfer images from your computer to your iPhone using various programs. The finest software for transferring data from an iPhone is AOMEI MBackupper.
Camera images have bigger file sizes than regular photos. The iPhone may professionally import images with AOMEI MBackupper. It is the quicker iPhone transfer because of this.
The most recent iOS devices, including but not limited to the iPad Pro/Air/mini and iPhone 12/SE (2nd generation)/11, are fully supported by AOMEI MBackupper.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Sync your camera to your PC. To export images to a computer, open File Explore, locate your camera in the sidebar, and then click it.
- Install AOMEI MBackupper, then use a USB cord to connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Choose Transfer to iPhone at the bottom of the home screen.
- To import photographs from your computer, tap anywhere in the box.
- Select Transfer to upload all of the desired camera images to your iPhone after downloading them to your computer.
How to Proceed If the Import Button Is Missing When Using an Apple Adapter?
If the Import button doesn’t appear after you connect in one of the Apple adapters mentioned at the beginning of the post, make sure your camera is turned on and in image-export mode.
If so, take the adapter out, wait about 30 seconds, and then connect it back in. After around 30 seconds, disconnect the camera or SD card and try again.
Introducing the Canon Camera Connect App
Everything you want to know about utilizing the Canon Camera Connect app will be covered here. You’ve therefore come to the right place if you’re having trouble getting your camera to connect to the app or you simply want to learn how to utilize the app to improve your photography.
- Assess compatibility and install the application.
- Users of Android and iOS can download the Canon Camera Connect app for free.
- Go to the App Store or the Play Store and select Install to begin downloading.
A wide variety of Canon digital cameras are compatible with the app, including:
- Various Canon PowerShot models.
- There are numerous Canon DSLRs available, such as the 5D Mark IV, the 6D Mark II, and the Rebel SL3.
- Canon’s line-up of mirrorless cameras, which includes the EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R5, and EOS R6.
If you are unsure if your camera is compatible with the Canon Camera Connect app, you may view the complete compatibility specifications on Canon’s official website. However, keep in mind that the compatibility list has not always been updated to reflect Canon’s most recent camera models. As an alternative, you might get the app and look for your camera.
- Sync your camera to the application.
Depending on what kind of camera you have, this step will have different specifics. Thankfully, the Canon Camera Connect app provides startup instructions that take these differences into account.
- Choose Easy Connection Guide from the app’s menu.
- Next, click Connect a different camera or camcorder.
- Then, look up the model of your camera. Your camera’s capabilities will determine whether you can connect through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or NFC. Any of the three alternatives should function, however, Canon advises Bluetooth for the best connection.
- Go over the setup instructions one more.
- Once you’re done, your camera ought to be connected to the app and available to use.
- Study the Canon Camera Connect App’s user interface.
Return to the app’s main page after your phone and camera are successfully linked. The menu is basic and simple.
You’ll typically stick to the top two choices even though the app has a variety of features, including the ability to easily download photographs from your camera to your phone:
- Images on camera
- Remote live view shooting
Let’s explore each of these items individually:
- Images on camera
When you choose Images on camera, a collection of all the photos on your connected camera (i.e., on the camera’s memory card) will be displayed to you, organized by the date the photos were taken. Simply click an image with your finger to display it. It will be clearly visible to you.
There are numerous helpful choices available at the bottom of the page, including Info (which displays the file’s camera settings), Rating (which allows you to rate the file between one and five stars), Import (which allows you to download the file to your phone), and Delete (in case you want to remove the picture from your camera instantly).
- Remote live view shooting
A live camera feed will be available on your phone when you choose Remote live view shooting. To activate the camera shutter, press the large circle at the bottom of the screen.
It’s possible to change settings as well; for example, you can modify the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, AF area mode, and many more from your phone.
With a camera, you could shoot more attractive photos that you could then upload to an iPhone. You now understand how to transfer photographs from a camera to an iPhone, either with or without a computer.
Download AOMEI MBackupper to backup your iPhone camera roll to your computer if you wish to free up some space on your iPhone. Your images will result in an image file being created.
FAQs on How to Transfer Photos From Canon Camera to iPhone
Why is my Canon camera not connecting to my iPhone?
Switch your camera off, wait a little while, and then switch it back on. Check to see if your iOS smartphone is linked to the same WiFi network as your camera, or if the camera has its own WiFi network.
How do I transfer photos from my iPhone to my Canon camera without Wi-Fi?
Simply attach your camera to this unique device by plugging a USB cord into your camera. Put your iPhone’s Lightning port on this adapter after that. The iPhone’s Photos app then starts running. For the photographs to be transferred, click the Import button.
Where is the WIFI password on a Canon camera?
Go to the camera’s menu, select Wi-Fi Function, then select Connect To Smartphone. A screen with two options will appear; select Set. review/change the setting, etc. You can modify or reset your password by selecting Review/Change Setting.