In this article, we will talk about the Best Action Cameras For Motovlogging.
Motovlogging is a combination of motorcycle riding and video production. Content creators use action cameras to film their vlogs, which they then share on various social media platforms. YouTube, Facebook, Tiktok, and others are examples.
Best Action Cameras For Motovlogging (Top 3)
The majority of the content focuses on their road trip through each scenic location. It also includes maintenance tips and tricks and everything you need to know about motorcycles.
Assume you are a moto vlogger who wants to start your own moto vlog content. You’ll need a good camera to help you produce quality content and gain viewers and followers.
Do you want to know how to choose the best camera for your own moto vlog channel? We’ve compiled a list of the best motorcycle cameras for you to consider.
1. GoPro Hero 9 – Best Overall
- 5K VIDEO: Shoot stunning video with up to 5K resolution, perfect for maintaining serious detail even when zooming in. Packing a new 23.6MP sensor that’s an absolute powerhouse, HERO9 Black brings lifelike image sharpness, fluid motion and in-camera horizon leveling that always impresses.
- 20 MP PHOTO WITH SUPERPHOTO: Capture crisp, pro-quality photos with 20MP clarity. And with SuperPhoto, HERO9 Black can automatically pick all the best image processing for you, so it’s super easy to nail the shot.
- FRONT DISPLAY + REAR TOUCH SCREEN: A new, larger rear touch screen with touch zoom on HERO9 Black should feel instantly familiar and a dazzling new front display makes for easy framing and intuitive camera control.
What We Like:
- Excellent Value
- Capabilities for 5K video
- Rugged and long-lasting construction
What We Don’t Like:
- A Little Heavy
The GoPro Hero 9 is widely regarded as the most powerful action camera available! Even though the Hero 10 is already available, the GoPro Hero 9 remains the company’s best camera to date! This action camera is also versatile in many ways, despite its relatively high price for an action camera!
The camera has a very rugged design, it is made of very strong materials on the inside, and it is covered by very durable plastic! As you may know, action cameras are generally small in size, and this one measures 2.83 x 1.32 x 2 inches and weighs 11.2 ounces. The GoPro Hero 9 is extremely durable, fully weather-sealed, waterproof, and performs admirably in both high and low temperatures!
This camera produces excellent video recordings! You can record videos in HD at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, 4K at 3840 x 2160 pixels, and most importantly, the GoPro Hero 9 allows you to record videos in 5K at a resolution of 5120 x 2880 pixels!
The camera also has a slow-motion function that allows you to record at 240fps in 8x slow-motion. Your videos will be recorded with no blur, thanks to the GoPro Hero 9’s Hyper-Smooth stabilization! If you are a vlogger and want to live stream your motorcycle session, you can do so as well!
The battery life is entirely dependent on the recording variant you select. The camera can be used for 90 minutes on 5K recordings and 100 minutes on HD recordings. It’s so advanced that some people use it as a ghost-hunting camera!
2. GoPro Hero 8 – Best Runner-Up
- GOPRO HERO8 BUNDLE: GoPro HERO8 Black Camera plus Battery plus Sleeve Lanyard features amazing HyperSmooth 2.0 video stabilization combines with a tough waterproof design to make this one of the most versatile HERO cameras ever; with the optional Media Mod, you can add more lighting, pro audio and even another screen.
- PRO-QUALITY 4K60 plus 1080p240 VIDEO: Stunning video resolution, impressive frame rates and super slo-mo combine with HyperSmooth stabilization to make HERO8 Black a top pick for pro shooters; live stream in 1080p as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later.
- RUGGED plus WATERPROOF plus ADVANCED WIND NOISE REDUCTION: Share experiences you can’t capture with your phone. HERO8 Black is rugged, waterproof to 33ft (10m) and down for adventure. Enjoy crisper, clearer audio quality with a new front mic location and improved algorithms that actively filter out wind noise.
What We Like:
- Excellent Value For Money
- Constructive Design
- Excellent Image Stabilization
What We Don’t Like:
- In low-light situations, it does not perform well.
Here’s another GoPro action camera, this time an older version of the first one mentioned. Despite being released in 2019, the GoPro Hero 8 is one of the most useful action cameras ever! Despite having a similar appearance to many other GoPro action cameras, it has its own set of features that are ideal for vloggers, particularly moto vloggers!
This action camera’s dimensions are 1.14 x 1.89 x 2.6 inches and it weighs 4.4 ounces, making it smaller and lighter in weight than the GoPro Hero 9. It is completely portable and can join you wherever and whenever you want. The camera is also weather-sealed and can withstand anything that may occur during your motorcycle ride, as it is completely waterproof.
The video capture resolution is 4K UHD, which comes in at 2160 pixels. The quality is immersive, the colors are vibrant, and the video you shoot will be completely lifelike, as if your viewer is watching you live while you ride your motorcycle!
Since live video is mentioned, I’d like to point out that you can also go live on any social media platform with this camera, and the live streaming works in 1080 pixels! You can also shoot time-lapse videos, and the Hyper Smooth technology gives you three modes to choose from: On, High, and Boost.
The battery life isn’t the best, but it’s adequate for capturing short clips, and it’s important to note that the camera can stick with you for about 60 minutes. You won’t go wrong bringing an extra battery if you want more!
3. AKASO EK7000 – Best Battery-Life
- 4K Ultra HD action camera. Professional 4K 30Fps & 2.7K 30Fps video with 20MP photos at up to 30 frames per second for incredible photos, which is 4 times the resolution of traditional HD cameras.
- Wireless wrist remote control sports camera. With a wrist 2.4G remote, you can capture the world in an all-new way. Controlling the camera, framing shots or recording video is convenient. (THE REMOTE IS NOT WATERPROOF)
- Longer battery life. AKASO EK7000 action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries. Each battery can record up to 90 minutes. No more worry about the recording time for this Action camera.
What We Like:
- Straightforward and simple
- Simple to Use
- Resolution of 4K
What We Don’t Like:
- Low FPS
When it comes to action cameras, AKASO is also a trusted brand! AKASO’s EK7000 is one of the best cameras the company has ever released, and it quickly became a vlogger favorite! Using it for your moto vlog will never let you down! It truly has amazing features that will assist you in creating the best video for your moto vlog!
This camera is also very small, measuring 0.9 x 2 x 1.5 inches and weighing 1.4 pounds. The entire body is rectangular in shape. The camera is available in three different colors: black, white, and blue. One important fact about the colors that it comes with is that they are priced differently. The camera is small enough to fit in any pocket or bag. The camera is ideal for use in the most extreme sports and in any weather condition.
This camera’s video quality is Ultra HD 4K resolution, 30fps, and it can also record at 2.7K, which means that the accuracy that you want to record is fully adjustable. You get to pick the best one for your video! This camera can record video from a viewing angle of 170 degrees. There are also features that enable you to record loops and time-lapse videos!
The camera has or comes with two rechargeable batteries, each of which can record for up to 90 minutes, allowing you to use it for 180 minutes straight when the batteries are changed.
4. AKASO Brave 7-GY – Most Durable
- BORN ALL-WEATHER ACTION CAMERA - Brave 7 LE action camera is weatherproof and distinct to unlock all the filming scenarios and ease your vlogging experience. Its IPX7 water-resistant design can protect the action camera from rain, snow and water splashing. Your underwater adventure can even down to 131FT/40M while equipped with the included waterproof housing.
- CONVENIENT DUAL-DISPLAY - With innovate dual color screens design, you can change framing and monitoring views between back and front, especially the vivid front screen can satisfy your selfies need and 2-inch back touch screen makes it easy to use than ever. Press and hold Mode button to switch between the front screen and the touchscreen camera view.
- SHOOT 4K VIDEO & 20MP PHOTO - This action camera can take hyper-quality 4K 30Fps video and 20MP photo, recording your adventure without missing any details!
What We Like:
- Quality Construction
- Reasonable Cost
- Excellent Video Quality
What We Don’t Like:
- The microphone is useless.
Another action camera from AKASO, and let me tell you that, as the name implies, this one is very brave, metaphorically speaking. This camera is the most recent version of AKASO action cameras, and it has already established itself as one of the best on the market. Because it is a newer version of the previously mentioned (AKASO EK7000), it must have some improvements as well as some new features!
To begin with, the design of this camera is extremely durable! With an IPX8 waterproof rating, the camera can go underwater with ease! It is also extremely durable in any weather condition, as well as dust-proof (which is essential when riding a motorcycle) and temperature resistant. This camera’s dimensions are 2.52 x 1.69 x 1.34, and it weighs 1.5 pounds; the weight makes it one of the heaviest cameras in this article, but it is still considered lightweight for a camera!
Videos taken with this camera have a superb 4K resolution that works at 35 fps, but you can also record at 2.7K at the same speed, which is 30 fps. Even if you ride your motorcycle at top speed, the camera captures perfect video! The built-in image stabilization that works with the 6-axis is an important feature of this camera, and it is one of the best when it comes to action cameras.
You can fully control the AKASO Brave 7-GY with your voice! Simply give it commands and it will work flawlessly. Aside from being an action camera, I believe it should also be referred to as a “smart action camera.”
The battery life that AKASO guarantees for this camera is more than 100 minutes of 4K recording, and as tested, it lasted exactly 110 minutes! A fantastic battery life!
5. DJI Osmo Action – Best Value
- Dual Screens: Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display. This durable, versatile action camera is jam-packed with advanced technology that lets you spend less time worrying about equipment and more time living the action.
- The RockSteady technology combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
- Action camera with 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor, 12MP, wide-angle 145° that allows you to shoot 4K HDR videos.
What We Like:
- Excellent Front and Back Display
- Rugged and durable
- Cheaper than the majority of GoPros
- Very Simple to Use
What We Don’t Like:
- Image stabilization is not as good.
DJI is best known for its drones, and when it released its first action camera, it appeared as if they were comparing itself to GoPro! Despite some similarities with GoPro cameras, the DJI Osmo Action has its own set of features and is less expensive than the first GoPro mentioned in this article.
This DJI camera has dimensions of 2.56 x 1.65 x 1.38 inches and weighs 4.4 ounces. The camera’s body is mostly made of solid metal, indicating that it is one of the strongest and most durable on the market. You’ll find a magnet for accessories on the bottom of the camera, and it’s wearable because you can attach it even to your clothes. The DJI Osmo Action is completely waterproof, dustproof, and drop-proof.
This camera records in 4K HDR, which makes the video very lifelike, and the angle of recording works at 145 degrees. This one also has a slow-motion feature, as it can record in 8x slow motion at 1080 pixels and at 240fps.
This camera can also record time-lapse videos, so your recordings while riding a motorcycle will look fantastic! The image stabilization on this camera is flawless, no doubt due to the Rock-Steady technology that it possesses!
The DJI Osmo Action’s battery life is sufficient for a full day of short video footage, but you should bring a spare battery in case you like to record more.
6. Insta360 ONE X2 – Most Unique
- [𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐩] 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 "𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝟑𝟔𝟎 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞" 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦.
- The Pocket Camera Crew: With just one device, shoot first in every direction with super 5.7K 360 capture and then choose your favorite angle later. Or pick just one lens with Steady Cam mode for ultra-stable wide angle footage
- FlowState Stabilization: Better-than-ever stabilization and horizon leveling algorithms keep your shots steady—no gimbal needed.
What We Like:
- Excellent Build Quality
- Excellent Design
- Very adaptable
- Waterproof up to 10 meters
What We Don’t Like:
- After Some Time, It Might Become Buggy
The Insta360 ONE X2 is a popular action camera that is always with people who are “in love” with extreme sports! Moto vloggers will appreciate the camera’s numerous features. Let’s take a closer look at its features to get a better understanding of it!
This action camera looks completely different from the others because it has a different shape. This camera’s dimensions are 4.45 x 1.82 x 1.17 inches, and it weighs 4.9 ounces. Because of its small size, it is considered a pocketable camera, and it is also wearable because you can clip it to your clothes and go! The camera has an IPX8 waterproof rating and can be used up to 10 meters underwater. Even when it’s raining, the camera will perform admirably.
The video quality on this camera is 5.7K resolution, and the angle that it can capture from is up to 360 degrees. That means the camera records every angle of where you ride your motorcycle!
Because of its Live Stream capability, you can directly stream your video to any social media platform. Additionally, this camera has AI editing, which edits your videos by using or editing layouts such as Stop Motion or Dolly Zoom. It can also record slow-motion videos. This camera has a Steady Cam mode that allows you to shoot videos with no blur, even if shaking is normal while riding a motorcycle!
The camera has a very powerful battery, the new 1.630 mAh battery, and it performs admirably by enabling you to record for up to 80 minutes once fully charged.
How to Start a Moto Vlog?
Always consider what your crowd needs! Before you start Moto Vlogging, you should definitely know what your audience’s needs are! If you are new to riding a motorcycle, simply share your experiences with your fans/followers, also known as an audience. You can also do research to see what other vloggers are doing! So you can get a better idea of what you’re going to put on your moto vlog.
Purchase the necessary equipment.
You can’t call yourself a great moto vlogger unless you have great equipment! Again, you can certainly research the things you need to ensure your videos are shown to your audience in the best possible way! Action cameras, as mentioned at the beginning of this article, are the best cameras to use for these types of sports! If. If you get an action camera, I suggest you also get a case for it to keep it safe.
Make changes to your vlogs and videos.
Some views will be lost if you do not show people a great video! For these types of videos, you’ll need an editing program so that you can end up with a better video! However, you should always remember that the first video you post does not have to be perfect!
Always strive to improve.
This phrase is related to the previous sentence! Because the first one will not be perfect, you should always strive to improve while recording and editing!
It is critical to begin early in order to advance as a professional. As a result, if you have children, I recommend getting them an action camera so they can begin learning about vlogging and videography.
Learn from your mistakes on the first one so that your audience notices and knows you’re giving it your all!
The best action cameras are small, tough, and simple to use. Because of their tough design, action cameras can be used to capture footage in situations where most standard cameras would fail. And, because the best options have excellent image stabilization, action cameras are ideal for capturing smooth video while on the go.
I wish you luck in your search for the best action camera for moto vlogging!
FAQs on the Best Cameras for Motovlogging
Why should I use an action camera for moto vlogging?
Motovlogging is a sport on the internet, and what better tool to aid you in this endeavor than an action camera? There is nothing else! In moto vlogging, an action camera is used because it has more features that will help you record these types of sports, and they are enhanced on the part of the action itself.
What should I consider before choosing an action camera for moto vlogging?
When selecting something to use, keep the following factors in mind. In action cameras for moto vlogging, you should first consider the video quality, durability, microphone, size, weight, and battery life. If everything mentioned above appeals to you, you should have no trouble selecting the best action camera for moto vlogging.
Can I live stream with an action camera?
Live streaming is the coolest thing a moto vlogger can do, and some action cameras include this feature. GoPro Hero 10, GoPro Hero 9, and Insta360 ONE X2 are action cameras that support live streaming.