How much does Adobe Illustrator cost? Adobe Illustrator is a subscription-based design program; hence there is no one-time purchase option. With an annual plan, you can have it for as little as $19.99 each month. There are numerous alternatives available depending on your needs, organization, and the number of apps you want to use. You may also test out the free trial to determine if you enjoy the programs.
This post will explain the various Illustrator plans and their prices, which will help you determine which plan is ideal for you.
How much does Adobe Illustrator cost?
The monthly cost of the Single App is $31.49. However, the annual commitment is decreased to $20.99 per month. You pay $239.88 if you opt to be charged ahead.
Illustrator is also included in the Creative Cloud All Tools package, which consists of over 20 other creative apps, such as Photoshop.
This plan is worthwhile if all you require is vector graphic design software. It’s perfect for drawing print and internet advertisements, typography, and logos. This design tool will be useful to people working in web design, publishing, graphic design, advertising, and other sectors.
This would not be the best strategy for education or business. Students and teachers get a substantial discount on a Creative Cloud Apps bundle. Getting the bundle is significantly more worthwhile than paying extra for a single program. Adobe also provides a separate membership for businesses, which includes a bundle of apps with specific features.
7-Day Free Trial
Are you unsure whether Illustrator is the correct program for you? Are you aware that you may download it for free and try it out for a week? It’s an excellent chance for you to experiment with and learn about the program.
You will need an Adobe ID to download it and begin a free trial, which you can create for free. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be asked to provide your payment information, but don’t worry, you may cancel at any time.
If you agree to keep the membership, Adobe will bill you using the payment information you submit.
Adobe Illustrator Pricing and Plans
Yes, I understand. Paying $20 or more monthly for a single program is too pricey. So, if you are a student, faculty member, school, university, or business, consider yourself fortunate! You will receive a discount!
Which membership plan suits you best? I hope the choices below assist you in making an informed selection.
1. Students & Teachers
Students and teachers get the greatest value. Creative Cloud is 60% off. Students and faculty receive a 60% discount on Creative Cloud, with all apps available for $19.99 per month. That’s an excellent deal.
Unfortunately, if you get an individual plan like me, you must pay the full amount of $20.99/month for Illustrator or $52.99/month for all programs.
By the way, the pricing is for a yearly fee with monthly payments. Illustrator costs $31.49 per month for a single-month subscription. The All Apps option is useful if you use many apps, as you will most likely do as you go through the industry. As a result, it’s a feasible option to explore.
Illustrator may be purchased as a business license for $33.99 per month, which allows you to use it on more than two machines. You can log in on two computers but only use them one at a time. More information can be found in the license agreement.
If you have a creative team, the All Apps license for $79.99 per month is the best option. As a result, everybody can work on multiple projects. If you have any questions, you may obtain 24/7 tech assistance and one-on-one professional sessions.
4. Schools & Universities
There are four selections for organizations, schools, and colleges that are suitable for small workgroups, classrooms, and labs.
The $14.99/month Per Named-user License is ideal for small workgroups. It provides 100GB of cloud storage per license, which is ideal for file sharing. However, this plan necessitates institutional affiliation.
The Per Shared Device ($330.00/yr) can be a suitable alternative for classroom and lab use. The other two options (Per Student Pack and Institution-wide Pack) are more complex, and you can request consultation accordingly.
Ways to Buy Illustrator
1. Illustrator Single App Plan – Best Value For Most Users
This is the greatest choice if you want to download Adobe Illustrator without any other key Adobe applications.
The Illustrator plan contains the following:
- Adobe Illustrator – for all of your drawing, illustration, painting, typography, and graphic design requirements
- Cloud storage up to 100GB – back up and manage your illustrations.
- Step-by-step tutorials – world-class artists demonstrate their works and train you in new techniques.
- Adobe Express – online and mobile software with task-based functionality that allows you to create social media postings, multimedia content, and marketing materials.
- Adobe Portfolio – create a free website portfolio to display your graphics and designs.
- Adobe Fonts – choose from a large collection of licensed fonts.
- Behance – access to a dynamic creative community for criticism and selling your work.
- Creative Cloud Libraries – download fresh elements for your illustration projects.
- Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and other Adobe Apps are not included in the Illustrator Single App Plan.
Most folks will not require any additional creative software to meet their illustration and vector graphics needs.
Purchasing Adobe Illustrator offers you access to all of the tools for basic and intermediate vector graphics editing; you can even try it out for free for 7 days.
2. Creative Cloud All Apps Plan – Best For Power Users
The Creative Cloud All Apps plan is excellent value for money for consumers who use more than just Adobe Illustrator.
You gain access to over 20 apps for video, photography, web, design, UX, and social media, as well as integrated necessities like color palettes, font families, and an active, creative community.
Professional illustrators are likely to use Adobe applications such as Adobe Photoshop or perhaps After Effects – to download these popular tools, and you’ll need the All Apps plan.
The Creative Cloud All Apps package also includes the following video/photo-related apps:
- Adobe Premiere Pro – an outstanding Mac and Windows desktop video editing software
- Cloud Storage of up to 100GB – enables you to backup, share, and edit your data across all of your devices
- Adobe After Effects – utilized to create a wide range of visual effects and motion graphics, from animated movie titles to VR videos
- Adobe Audition – Adobe tools for recording, editing, mixing, and restoring audio files for movies, podcasts, and sound effects.
- Adobe Behance – a social media platform/app for creators who wish to share and monetize their creative work
- Frame.io – strong review (feedback) and collaboration tool for instant media sharing, direct camera-to-cloud transfers, and several simultaneous projects
- Adobe Bridge – a media management program that works with other Adobe products to categorize and modify files
- Adobe Lightroom – the best picture editing program for all of your photo editing, organization, and storage capacity
- Adobe Media Encoder – used to generate videos using Premiere Pro and After Effects, downsizing and transforming formats for universal use.
- Adobe Photoshop – the finest graphic program and image modification tool available. Adobe Portfolio – free online portfolio and website creation tools for displaying your creative work.
- Adobe Fonts –an online service that provides access to a massive font library with typefaces that are free to use commercially or for personal projects under a single licensing agreement.
The All Apps package is ideal for power users, business owners, and agencies who want more than just Adobe Illustrator for their creative needs. When you consider that you’re getting 20 more valuable apps and tools for less than twice the price of the Illustrator (Single App) Plan, it’s a great deal.
Also, if you’re a videographer looking to get Adobe Premiere Pro, it’s a good idea to subscribe to the All Apps package so you may also utilize Adobe Illustrator.
3. Creative Cloud All Apps Plan for Students & Teachers
This subscription includes the same 20+ apps as the normal All Apps plan, with the only difference being having significant savings.
Indeed, if you’re a student or a teacher, you can obtain all of the desktop software, mobile apps, and web services for less than the cost of a single app subscription! Purchasing Adobe Illustrator as part of the All Apps subscription is a no-brainer for anyone in education!
4. Adobe Business Plan
The Adobe Business Plan differs from the others in its structure. You would purchase Adobe CC or all plans individually, per license, for this. You will receive an Admin Console and unlimited technical assistance with your purchase.
This plan’s structure enables organizations to acquire numerous licenses for their employees. The standard Creative Cloud All Apps package limits the account to two devices, so employees must sign up for personal accounts. This structure will also assist businesses that do not require all of the Creative Cloud tools. For graphical publications, some businesses may just require Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
At first sight, Adobe Illustrator’s prices and plans may appear perplexing, particularly the monthly plan and yearly plan monthly payment. The only difference is that you can terminate the monthly subscription at any time without penalty.
To be honest, once you begin using Illustrator as a graphic designer, you will most likely continue to use it. I would recommend the annual package, which saves you $10 every month.
FAQs on How Much Does Adobe Illustrator Cost
Can I get Adobe Illustrator for free?
Yes, you can get a free 7-day trial of Illustrator. The free trial is the app’s official, full edition, and it includes all of the features and upgrades included in the most recent version of Illustrator.
Is it worth it to buy Adobe Illustrator?
Adobe Illustrator is a professional tool for graphic artists. It’s a little pricey, but if you can afford it, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. The amount of things you can accomplish with this program is mind-boggling. Thus, I recommend it even if you are a beginner.
Do you have to pay for Adobe Illustrator every year?
Adobe Illustrator is a subscription-based design program. Hence there is no one-time purchase option. With an annual plan, you can have it for as little as $19.99 each month. There are numerous alternatives available depending on your needs, organization, and the number of apps you want to use.